9:00am – 12:00pm
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE (Cambridge English B2 First)
Language Development for English-Portuguese Bilingual Teachers:
Enhancing your English proficiency and linguistic repertoire for teaching bilingual education (B2 Level).
Why should you take this course?
Bilingual education is growing in Brazil, but schools struggle to find qualified and proficient teachers who know how to teach a second language for children and teenagers.
Many teachers find themselves willing to work in a bilingual or international school but lacking confidence in their proficiency as well as in their knowledge about second language teaching.
This course will build on your English proficiency at the same time that you learn about the different methodologies available to effectively teach a second language.
What will you learn?
- You will build awareness of your linguistic skills and create a personal self-development plan to improve your own bilingualism.
- You will learn different methodologies to teach a second language in a variety of contexts, especially in bilingual schools.
- You will build a repertoire that will allow you to work with projects and develop specific-related vocabulary to inform your classroom practice.
How does the course work?
- You need to devote around 12 hours per month that can be flexibly adjusted to your calendar. Most activities are asynchronous so you can perform them when you are free. There will be six hours of live, synchronous sessions per month.
- You will have two virtual synchronous classes per month on Saturday to have a real-time interaction with your course facilitators.
- You will have access to theoretical background to inform and sustain your practices as well as practical activities and assignments.
- Individual or small group personal support will be given to address your questions or concerns.
- In the end of the course you may choose to take a proficiency exam that may give you an official certificate of proficiency, highly valued by schools (Cambridge English – B2 First).
- You will receive a certificate that will improve your curriculum, stating that you took part in the Language Development for English-Portuguese Bilingual Teachers.
Who should take this course?
- Preschool and Primary teachers who are currently working or aiming to work in Bilingual Schools and wish to improve their linguistic skills in English.
- English proficiency B1 level at the starting point (to be tested).
When do the course start and end?
The course is due to start on May 8th, 2021 and the ending will be on August 25th 2022. No meetings on July.
Blended Course Schedule 2021-2022 – Saturdays
Cambridge English B2 First exam date: yet to be defined
How much does it cost?
16x R$426,00 + course fee R$426,00